Monday, November 2, 2009

Alex Visits

I picked up Alex from his dorm during halftime of the Bronco's game yesterday. We should have tried to miss more of the game instead of less; they went on to lose to the Ravens 30-7. Alex worked on Calculus and Physics homework and kept up with Valerie's exploits in World of Warcraft.

I was due for a run and asked Alex if he brought running clothes with him. To my surprise, he had. He's always asks about distance because he's been dragged out to go farther than he wanted.I said it would be less than an hour and not fast because I had just run the Eerie Erie the day before. It was a shorts and T-shirt day. We ran an out and back from the house for a total of six miles.

Thursday was Alex's 19th so the idea was to have a little birthday dinner and cake. Alex has been a vegetarian for about a year now, but eats meat about once a month. I asked him what he wanted for the dinner and he asked for beef tacos. I stir-fried the beef with onions, mushrooms, red chili powder, and garlic powder. I sauteed zucchini, summer squash, and red bell peppers in olive oil and dill seed. We use soft corn tortillas heated on the grill. For fresh toppings we had chopped tomato, onion, jalapeno, cilantro, romaine lettuce, queso fresco, cheddar cheese, sour cream, avocado, and salsa verde. Alex requested our favorite birthday cake which is the Berry Chantilly cake from Whole Foods.

1 comment:

  1. Has Alex been running at school?

    Even after my Chocolate Chunk scone (from Whole Foods), the tacos made me hungry!

    ReplyDelete