My calves weren't sore today so I decided to take another spin in the VFFs. The temperature when I headed out in short and a T-shirt at lunch was about 60degrees. I didn't have much time, which was perfect because I figured on going just three miles. Most of the running surface options in any direction from Hidden Lake High School are pavement. I headed up Lowell, did a little bit of a loop and came back down the same street. I did do some out and backs on the grass in a small park but mostly I was on concrete sidewalks, asphalt, or compacted dirt. I could feel my calves again when I was done. I didn't enjoy coming back down hill. Three miles was a good distance but I think I will reserve the Vibram for off-road.
All of a sudden I am a runner trapped in a non-runner's body. My heart, lungs, and quadriceps could carry me all day but I have a short slow range running "barefoot". Consequently I went out again this evening for 3 1/2 miles, but in Asics. It was difficult though; running how I have for 26 years felt wrong but I couldn't do more following my new-found foot strike.
Best Intentions and an Important Guest Race Report
10 months ago
FVV's?
ReplyDeleteNow my comment looks silly. Rick asked me what fvv was...since I've been playing with VFF a lot.
ReplyDeleteI thought about that; do I fix the error that one refers to or do I leave it??
ReplyDelete