Thursday, December 31, 2009

Last Run of the Year

I started out with Alex but he doesn't like to run for more than about 45 minutes so he turned around at about 2 1/2 miles. It was also rather cold with a headwind and he doesn't have the right clothes for running in cold. I took the pictures between the 4 and 5 mile mark. The moon was rising and the sun was still illuminating some clouds. Right after I took these pictures I looked down the hill I had just run up and there was a coyote that seemed to be checking out my scent and looking up toward me. I decided to run into a neighborhood and run parallel to the path I was going to take.


I ended up running about an hour and a half. My iphone tells me I ran 8.37 miles. some of it was slow going because of ice and darkness. That gives me a total of 849 miles since June 20th. It's probably a fair estimate that this was a 1000 mile year. I wasn't keeping track of my miles before June, nor was I running much but I think it's safe to say that I ran 150 miles in the first six months.

1 comment:

  1. Very pretty. Sounds like a great run to cap off the year!

    ReplyDelete