My schedule this week didn't allow time for a run. That's not fair. I had run for over two hours last Saturday and for some reason it left me rather wiped out. I felt achy and even somewhat sick the following two days so I didn't run, although I did take Elliott out in the running stroller a couple of times for a walk.
I'm administering the CELA exam at school. It is Colorado's annual assessment of English language learners. Between actually administering the test and work related to that most of my non-teaching time including the lunch hour gets consumed. Then, after school on Tuesday I taught an adult Spanish class so I didn't get home until almost seven by which time Ruth and Valerie are ready to hand off Elliott. Wednesday after school we had parent-teacher conferences so I didn't get home until almost eight. Errands after work on Thursday again left me with no time and yesterday afternoon Ruth and I relaxed and enjoyed some coffee and pan dulce.
I have a couple of overuse injuries that needed a break anyway so it wasn't such a bad thing to have a little down time. I should be able to get out for seven to nine miles today and depending on how things feel a longer or shorter run tomorrow. I'd like to be able to head into spring ready to increase my mileage without hesitation.
Best Intentions and an Important Guest Race Report
10 months ago
No comments:
Post a Comment